How the OBDGenie Programmer Works
At OBDGenie, we’re focused on empowering wholesalers and consumers to maximize the potential of their vehicles – without the expense and hassle of having to rely on factory dealerships.
How to Use Your Genie Programmer
Watch the video below to see how to use your OBDGene programmer.
- Turn on the Vehicle Ignition
- Plug the OBDGenie into the OBD Port
- Wait for the green light
- Remove the Genie and store it
Need Detailed Instructions?
Click one of the links below to get detailed installation instrucions for your programmer.
Why Do I Need a Security Bypass?
Depending on your vehicle, you may need to install a security bypass. But Why?
In the video Doug Indrunas, a vehicle programming guru and owner of Infotainment.com, explains why you need the security bypass on certain vehicles. He'll also explain what it does.
My OBDGenie's Red Light Keeps Flashing
A solid green light on your programmer indicates success. But if you get a blinking red light, try these troubleshooting steps.
- Turn the vehicle off
- Unplug the OBDGENIE and wait 10 seconds
- After the 10 seconds restart the vehicle or turn your ignition to have your radio/accessories on
- Wait about 1 minute for all the vehicle system to come on
- Plug in the OBDGENIE to the OBD2 port and verify is properly plugged in
- If you still see a flashing red light, count the number of times you see it blink
- Use the Chart below to identify the possible cause
The videos below provide some additional information to get the most from your OBDGenie Programmer.