This product allows a number of Ram owners to program their vehicle for backup / rear view camera. Installation is simple and takes only a few minutes. Simply install your backup camera to your factory radio screen then plug this Genie programmer into your vehicle's OBDII port (under your steering column). The programmer will enable the backup camera feature on your vehicle's computer just like it would from the factory.
If you need a camera and/or camera interface for your radio, check out www.infotainment.com for a bundled kit (including our programmer). Please note - factory style gridlines (static & dynamic) will only work on factory Mopar cameras. However, most aftermarket cameras now come with embedded gridlines.
- 2013-2020 Ram 1500-5500 (Classic & New Body included)
- (Dealer Code XAC)
- Put the vehicle in Accessory mode. (This is where the vehicle is on, but not running) Wait 1 minute.
- Plug in the OBD Genie programmer into the OBD2 port.
- Wait for the green light and/or for the horn to honk.
- Enjoy your new upgrade and be sure to check out other items your vehicle is compatible with!
THINGS TO KNOW
- Additional Equipment May be Required. Rear View Camera is NOT INCLUDED with this purchase. If you do not yet have these parts, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
- You May Need a Bypass Module. If your vehicle is 2018 or above, you will need a Bypass Device to program your vehicle. Please ensure you have selected “Genie for 2018 - Present (Includes Bypass Kit)” from the dropdown menu before purchasing. The Bypass Device can also be purchased separately here.
- Dedicated to Your Vehicle for Life! Once used, the OBD Genie programmer will become locked to that specific VIN. Even if you deactivate the features you installed, you can re-activate them anytime!
- Ensure Compatibility! View the compatibility list below and locate your vehicle type.
- Fully Engineered & Built in the USA!
"5-inch UConnect radio"
"8.4-inch UConnect radio"